Posted on January 17 2013
Harvest vegetable winter saladIngredients: 3 cups lactinato kale 1 cup sliced radishes 1/2 avocado, diced ¼ cup pepitas ¼ cup dried cranberries 2 cups roasted butternut squash ¼ cup goat cheese 2 tablespoons olive oil Salt and pepper to taste Directions:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and cube your butternut squash and place on a baking sheet. Roast in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- While the squash is roasting, rinse your kale and rip into small pieces into a large mixing bowl and add the olive oil.
- Gently toss the kale in the olive oil until well coated.
- Add the radishes, avocado, pepitas, dried cranberries and your salt and pepper.
- Toss everything together until well mixed, and then add your goat cheese.
- When the butternut squash is done roasting, you can either add to the salad immediately for a warmer salad, or you can let it cool and then add to the salad.
Dig in and enjoy!
Allison Hecht is an Orange County native who is passionate about good food and healthy living. She's the local expert when it comes to which OC restaurants reign supreme in locally grown dining and will provide recommendations on the best things to do and eat when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle. In addition to writing for Trailer Boutique, Allison writes and maintains the blog SweetPotatoBites.com, which focuses on good eats and fun recipes, and is a regular contributor to OCmenus.com. When she's not writing about food, Allison is getting her workout on and having a good time while doing it! Most days you can find her taking classes at Pure Barre (her current favorite), running outside or getting her om on in a yoga studio. Follow her on Twitter @socaliallie to find out where she is going next.