Posted on May 06 2014
There are so many excuses you can use when you don't want to workout - you're too tired, you're too hungry, all your workout clothes are dirty. Or, you just can't find a workout wardrobe that works well for your routine and is affordable. If we're being honest, sometimes stocking up on $80 pairs of compression pants for every day of the week is just not feasible. We picked four of our favorite finds from a couple easy-to-find and affordable retailers: Kohl's, Old Navy, Target and Forever 21. Let's get working! Kohl's What we love about Kohl's is the option to buy high-end name brands for the quarter of the cost. Plus, you can outfit yourself with everything you need to workout - from shoes to shorts to even a fashionable sporty jacket to wear before and after the gym.
- Nike shoes usually retail for well over $60. We are big fans of these cross-trainers since they're versatile and you don't have to get a different pair of shoes for every activity.
- The best part about these Fila workout leggings is that they're moisture-wicking so when you've worked up a sweat, you can just feel accomplished instead of weighed down.
- Shorts are a tricky item - if you wear skin-tight spandex, you may feel self-conscious; if you wear a loose pair, you'll be worrying about them running up or showing a little too much. That's why we love this double-layered pair from Nike.
- Okay, at a certain point in this, we just started shopping and this bomber jacket from Fila is adorable - perfect for pre- and post-workout errands.
- We love this 2-in-1 tank (we like the green), that helps give support and breath-ability where needed.
- Don't be surprised to find that Old Navy can fill all your compression workout gear needs! To match your cross-trainers, Old Navy has reasonably priced compression socks that will help keep the blood in your toes flowing.
- If you're a fan of all compression, all the time, we are loving this compression tank, which goes great with these compression capris as well.
- Kohl's had a cute pair of layered shorts, but if you're one to sport more colors, we love this pair from Target - be proud of your workout!
- Sure, you can sport your high-end tanks, but why spend the money when this cute alternative from Target does the same job?
- Bright colors are great for pumping you up, but what about when you're looking to relax and find your "om?" We love the colors on Target's yoga tank, which are just perfect for quiet self-reflection.
- Finding a reliable and affordable sports bra is difficult to do, especially if you're a little more endowed than others. This high support sports bra is functional and you don't have to worry about being uncomfortable during your workout. (Wondering how to find the best-fitting sports bra? See our recommendations.)
- We love, love, love these running pants! Just look at the pattern, so cute!
- While you're out running, putting your tracker or keys in your shoes, weird pants pocket or even your bra is incredibly uncomfortable. This key holder takes out the discomfort and solves the problem you didn't even know you had.
- We know yoga shorts can make you feel self-conscious, but if you're ready to rock those thighs, these crochet-topped crochet-topped yoga shorts are just the answer.
- More of an in-home dancer or cardio barre aficionado? Forever 21's woven dance pants are breathable and super comfortable.